Tijana Titin

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Interview with The Blip Magazine

"Tijana Titin's work is expressive, honest and intriguing, as throughout her work she reminds us of passionate emotion, carnal desires, in a style, pallette and fresco style that echoes the old masters. The Blip caught up with her to ask her a little about her life and inspirations."
Read the full interview http://www.theblip.co.uk/the-blip-art.php


The Winner, 2011 Oil on canvas 35x35cm

What factors best help you work and inspire you in day to day life?
Firstly, sensitivity is very important. Quantity of what you see and live is often not the deciding factor, but how you perceive it. I am a fan of deeply emotional experiences, exciting conversations, intensity and how I like to call it - "juices of life". Those things inspire me above all, and the works I have done in difficult phases of my life often have a greater emotional charge and energy. Nevertheless, I believe the true artist is the one who can find richness even in the smallest sensations. Whether life is exciting or still, generous or bitter, if you are sensitive enough and your pores are opened, you are always inspired and have something to give. 
My personal greatest interest and concern is a human being and his position in the world today. I often paint interpersonal relationships as well. Most of my works have an intimate subject with which I deal through art. During the process subjects become universal, because I paint things we are all going through. 
And last but not least: self-discipline is also crucial. When I manage to work every day for many hours, I keep opening the new doors in my own works. 
Picasso expressed it the best: "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."


Mortal Game, 2009 Oil on canvas 200x300cm
Cardia collection, Porto, Portugal

No comments:

Post a Comment